[ome-users] browser issue after crash

Alastair Kerr alastair.kerr at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 16 15:28:02 BST 2005

Dear all,
one of my users has came across a weird bug when using the web
interface.

Client: MAC: using safari 1.3
Issue: browser crashed during an import image session. After reboot the
browser cannot access OME (OME returns to front page after a correct
login for ANY user for ANY account on the Mac)

We've tried:
* reset safari, emptied cache and cleared history
* loaded firefox on same machine - works fine!
* I've tried to look to see if there are lock files anywhere on the
server but cannot find anything with the correct date that might
resemble such (in truth I do not know what to look for).

I also noted earlier that the same user had problems viewing contents of
the data directory for image input via the safari interface. Do not know
if this is related or not.

cheers
Alastair
p.s. I am gathering user feedback at the moment and will try and post it
here after further testing