[ome-users] Can a Semantic Type definition be changed?

Graham Klyne Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jul 26 12:17:35 BST 2005

I've succeeded in creating a simple semantic type definition for image
annotation, and I see the additional custom annotation option corresponding
to this.

Now I want to refine the definition.  If I attempt to simply reload the
revised definition, I get an error:
[[
Importing files
          1/4: [IN PROGRESS] Starting import
WARNING: Error OME::ImportExport::SemanticTypeImport: While processing
existing Semantic Type DTGEDImageAnnotation, existing declaration has no
Semantic Element 1. Slide identifier.
  importing image: OME::ImportEngine::XMLreader DTGEDAnnotation.ome
]]
(I am trying to change the name of a field.)

Fair enough, I think, I can't change an existing semantic type, so maybe I
need to delete it first.  A little digging around the web interface yields
two MEX identifiers (just integers, right?) that appear to correspond to
the import operation ("original file").  I run:

   ome admin data delete MEX -d 27
   ome admin data delete MEX -d 28

to delete the module executions.  e.g.

[[
[omeadmin at helenome ~]$ ome admin data delete MEX -d 27
Retreived MEX ID = 27
++MEX 27: Original files
   Output = Files (OriginalFile)
   Node execution 12
--MEX 27: Original files
]]

They appear to be removed when I perform a search for module executions
using the web interface.  But I still see the new custom annotation in the
web interface, and I still cannot import the changed semantic type definition.

Hence my question:  can a Semantic Type definition be changed?

#g

---
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: <Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281991
Departmental fax: +44-(0)1865-310447