[ome-users] matlab version

Anh Vu anh.q.vu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 08:57:49 BST 2005

Hi! I tried the instructions within the email and downloaded the
newest CVS version and make modification to the ld file, but when i
tried to install, it gave me an error at the testing stage during
Matlab perl api configuration. A standard installation without the
optional perl module setup installed and worked just fine.

This is the error message from within PerlModuleTask.log
----------------------------
 Optional Perl Module Setup
----------------------------

(All verbose information logged in /var/tmp/OME/install/PerlModuleTask.log)

MATLAB Perl API configuration:
 Install MATLAB Perl API?: no
   Config MATLAB for dev?: no

Are these values correct ? [y/n]: n
Install analysis engine interface to MATLAB ? [y/n]: y
The user which MATLAB should be run under [avu]:
Path to MATLAB installation [/usr/local/matlab]:
Path to MATLAB binary [/usr/local/bin/matlab]:
Configure MATLAB Perl API for developers? [y/n]: y
Path to OME's matlab src files [/home/avu/OME/src/matlab]:
"

TESTING MODULE -- su -l avu -c 'make test '
FAILURE -- OUTPUT: "Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL
 Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
 make -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1 || /bin/sh -c true
 /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL "avu" "/usr/local/matlab"
 You must run the makefile as root to pass it a matlab_user at
MatlabInfo.pl line 58.
 Matlab Vers:
 Matlab Arch:
 Matlab Home:
 Include:
 Lib:
 Lib Path:

 Could not open '../../OME.pm': No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm line 3079.
 Checking if your kit is complete...
 Looks good
 make: *** [Makefile] Error 2
"