[ome-users] Moving OME to a new machine

Graham Klyne Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 12:42:01 BST 2005

I'm trying to move an installed OME system from one host to another.

It seems that the original host name for the image server is lodged
somewhere in the OME installation, causing a failure when the installation
script tries to perform tests preparatory to installing the image server.

Even if I try to re-install from scratch on a new machine (being a complete
copy of the originally installed system), having first deleted the file
/etc/ome-install.store, I am getting this problem, and changed the host
name and IP address for the new machine.

What do I have to do to make OME forget it was once installed on a
different hostname?

#g

---
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: <Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281991
Departmental fax: +44-(0)1865-310447