[ome-users] OME installation, Apache configuration problem

Graham Klyne Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 17:45:28 BST 2005

I'm running into a brick wall installing OME 2.4.0 on Scientific Linux 4 (a
clone of RedHat Enterprise Linux 4).

All installation phases prior to the Apache configuration step are now
running OK. The following error is reported during the Apache configuration
step:
[[
[Thu Jul 07 18:03:34 2005] [warn] The ScriptAlias directive in
/OME/conf/httpd2.omeis.conf at line 2 will probably never match because it
overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias.
Testing Apache configuration
   \__ mod_perl [FAILURE].

Errors executing task: Apache/mod_perl is not properly configured.
GATEWAY_INTERFACE is "CGI/1.1" in CGI test instead of "CGI-Perl/1.1".
CGI test: http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
See /var/tmp/OME/install/ApacheConfigTask.log for more details. at (eval
158) line 1

  at install.pl line 80
         main::run_tasks() called at install.pl line 249
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
[root at delos OME]#
]]

More detailed information from the log file can be seen here:
http://bioimage.ontonet.org/moin/OpenMicroscopyEnvironment?action=show#head-ec852804c9e6d813d47e04bc1099c562ae7e8cb7

As far as I can tell, I have Apache running quite happily with Mod_perl,
and the test results themselves seem to indicate as much.  I cannot find
any indication of what the problem is here, or what I doi to fix it.

#g

---
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PS, UK
E-mail: <Graham.Klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Direct phone: +44-(0)1865-281991
Departmental fax: +44-(0)1865-310447