[ome-users] Matlap trouble

T. J. Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 13:35:15 BST 2005

Hey Valentin,

> I am using Debian 3.1 with 2.6.8 kernel.
We don't "support" Debian in so far as we don't have it installed and
don't test on it.
You can read what Ilya Goldberg has to say about Debian and OME support
for it:
	http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2005-August/
000493.html

Some people were getting OME to install on certain versions of Debian
without incident. I am glad to help you fix things, but I am just
explaining why thinks don't always work out-of-the-box.

> Unfortunately Debian doesn't know the "-f" flag , but if
> you are trying to get a full login i.e. /home/<user>
> "su -" is uder Debian sufficient.
This is good to know. I suspect that the -l/-f etc. flags are now
unnecessary. If they are needed I will have to add some OS specific
logic there argh !

> ######################################### PerlModuleTask.log
>
> TESTING MODULE -- su -  valentin -c 'make test '
> FAILURE -- OUTPUT: "Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL
>  Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
<snip>

> Do you think I should chage the Makefile as well?
Is this from CVS? I fixed this very bug in CVS. Please try from CVS and
modify the su there as you did here.
If you don't want to use CVS maybe we could work around this installer
bug. However, the MATLAB/OME connection in CVS is completely different
than the connection in 2.4.0. So many bugs you encounter with the
Matlab Handler (that's the part of  the Analysis Engine that executes
Matlab OME Analysis Modules) in OME 2.4.0, will not be relevant.

Tom