[ome-users] Matlap trouble

T. J. Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 17:14:09 BST 2005

Hey Valentin,

Are you using OME from CVS? You really should -- although it goes
without saying that OME from CVS is not ready for production
environments.
The MATLAB stuff in HEAD is much further along, especially the
installer.

This is not a bug per se. I had to add the -l flag to fix a permission
problem almost a year ago. I can't remember the details:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/horde/chora/diff.php?
r1=1.37&r2=1.38&ty=h&num=10&f=OME%2Fsrc%2Fperl2%2FOME%2FInstall%2FUtil.p

I am very interested to know what OS you are trying to install OME on.
On OS X and RH Fedora Cores 1, 2, 3 su supports the -l flag which is
used to simulate a full login.

Please remove the -l flag (see the above html link to see what change
you should make) for the su command and let me know whether the install
works for you. If might be the case that the -l flag is no longer
needed. But before I change it in CVS, I will need to thoroughly test
it out on multiple distributions and installations. Info about how
removing the -l flag worked for you is important here.

Don't hesitate to write me about problems you are having.

Tom