[ome-devel] omeroweb logging

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri May 25 17:49:22 BST 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM, Paul Korir <pkorir at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear Devs,

Hi Paul,

> I'm trying to add the functionality to extract rois by z by writing a view
> get_z_rois_json.

Where are you adding this code? Directly to
components/tools/OmeroWeb/omeroweb? I'm going to assume so, but we
likely will want to discuss alternatives. Can you push your changes
somewhere on GitHub?

> However, I can't see debugging info neither in OMERO.web
> logs nor in nginx logs (acess/error).

How have you deployed your OMERO.web? If you have nginx working and
you're not seeing anything in access.log, then something is very
weird. I wouldn't expect it to be in error.log unless your new
endpoint is successfully raising a 40x or 50x HTTP code.

> I'm using the logger specified in
> python/omeroweb/views.py and even setting it to 'error' (i.e.
> logger.error('blah')).

Can you send us the logs that you *do* have?  What does `bin/omero
admin diagnostics show`?

> I'm working with OMERO 5.3.3.
>
> I've restarted OMERO, OMERO.web and nginx to no avail.
>
> Help will be appreciated in figuring this out as it's very hard to write
> code blind.

We can definitely understand that!

> Regards,

~Josh