[ome-devel] Importing Images in a new Screen Manually

William Moore (Staff) W.Moore at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jun 12 14:28:21 BST 2018

Hi Etienne,

 If you have images already imported into OMERO, you can add them to a Well as in the Dataset_To_Plate script:

https://github.com/ome/scripts/blob/develop/omero/util_scripts/Dataset_To_Plate.py#L57

However, if you have 2 images that are separate Channels, it sounds like you should be combining
these into a single 2-channel image in OMERO.

I think one option could be to define a “pattern file” to specify how Bio-Formats should combine the images
on import.
https://docs.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.8.2/formats/pattern-file.html
Although it’s possible you’d have to re-name the images to fit the pattern naming.

An alternative might be to manually create a new Image in OMERO via the Python API, if you can open the images in Pillow (e.g. TIFF, png etc).
For example, if you can get a numpy array of each channel, you can create a new image in OMERO as in the
OMERO.figure, creating an image in OMERO from a single 3-channel PIL image (tiff_figure)
https://github.com/ome/omero-figure/blob/master/omero_figure/scripts/omero/figure_scripts/Figure_To_Pdf.py#L2030

Hope that helps.

  Will.