[ome-devel] Bioformats Continuous Integration Smell Report

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 17:31:10 BST 2018

Dear Carmine and Roger,

thanks for the links we will take a look at the various collected CI metrics.
As Roger pointed out, the master branch is currently out-of-date. For both this repository as well as
openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy, stable code development and releases have been happening on the
develop branch for the last decade.
These two Git repositories constitute an historical exception as all recent organizational OME repositories
follow the accepted convention using master as the default branch.

Updating master on both repos to the latest release tag would be fairly costless and we can look into pushing
this  if there is value for the community. That being said, we would still encourage people to consume the default
branch.

Best,
Sebastien