[ome-devel] OMERO ROI Questions

Alison Walter wackywalter017 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:37:45 GMT 2017

Hello!

My name is Alison Walter, a graduate student at LOCI, and I have been
working on adding ROI support to ImageJ-OMERO – which has entailed adding
OMERO equivalent ROIs to ImgLib2. I have a couple of questions regarding
OMERO’s handling of ROIs:

   1.

   In the Insight client (5.2.x) you can draw curved lines but upon saving
   the ROI the curvature is lost. Additionally, changing the curvature of the
   line does not change the line measurements (i.e. line profile, histogram,
   length, etc.), despite what is implied by the documentation (
   http://help.openmicroscopy.org/measurement-tool.html). Is this intended
   behavior?

   2.

   Why do OMERO Mask ROIs use double for width and height?
   It appears as though OMERO Mask ROIs are bit masks, which would have
   integer width and height.

Additionally, I was wondering if I could give a status update on this
project at one of the weekly meetings, perhaps in April? And then Kevin
Eliceiri will give a brief update on the project during his lightning talk
at the OME Users Meeting in May.

Thank you very much,

Alison