[ome-devel] Can I Add Thumbnails to BioFormats .ome.tiff File

Michael Ellis michael.ellis at dsuk.biz
Fri Jun 23 12:38:01 BST 2017

I am exploring using BioFormat for our computer assisted microscope application.

I need to store XYCZT image files and need to store meta data such as pixel size, channel names, microscope and camera information along with the image. Images could be large and I also would like to implement a gallery view that can display visual view of a whole directory of images.

Is there a way to store a thumbnail images when saving an image file in .ome.tiff file that can be easily and quickly recovered from the image file for the purposes of displaying a gallery of images?

Even better, are there any operating system extensions that allow this thumbnail to be accessible such that the thumbnail is viewable in the operating systems default file finder/browser… thus obviating the need for me to implement a graphic gallery of images?

Michael Ellis (Managing Director)
Digital Scientific UK Ltd.
http://www.dsuk.biz <http://www.dsuk.biz/>