[ome-devel] OMERO.forms

William Moore (Staff) W.Moore at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 15:56:51 BST 2016

Hi Douglas,

I’m afraid that in a brief discussion this morning, no-one had an obvious solution to your problem.

For OMERO.figure, I’m storing figures as json written to an OMERO file, which allows for
complex data structures to be stored, but doesn’t provide fast access or queryability,
so I’m not sure that’s much better than what you’re currently doing.
I guess it does allow you to store types (Number vv String) instead of all strings.

Another option might be OMERO.tables, which are good for querying data.
Not sure how good they are for updating.
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.2/developers/Python.html#omero-tables

Sorry we can’t be of more help.

 Cheers,

   Will.