[ome-devel] ets/vsi files with scifio

Manuel Stritt manuel.stritt at actelion.com
Fri Nov 25 09:27:00 GMT 2016

Hello together,

the VSI/ETS images might contain several nested images, e.g. one overview
images and several high-res 'sub-images' (the ets files).
If one opens an ETS file with scifio reader it opens not the selected ETS
(sub-)image, bit instead it refers to the assigned VSI image which will open
the first (or overview) sub-image - which might be different to the
selected ETS image.

Referring to
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2015-July/005506.html

the solution is to set
reader.setFlattenedResolutions('false');

however, this only holds for a loci.formats.ImageReader, not for
a io.scif.Reader.

Is there a solution for scifio as well?

Or - can I create a loci ImageReader and wrap it as a scifio reader (I read
about a SCIFIOReader wrapper class, but can't find it anywhere).

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Manuel

--

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.