[ome-devel] request.REQUEST withdrawn from OMERO.web

Aleksandra Tarkowska (Staff) A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 18:49:57 BST 2015

Hello everyone,

I would like to upgrade main OMERO.web backend library to Django 1.8. That took me to the deprecation warning that they [Django] eventually are going to remove request.REQUEST. As they say: request.REQUEST It's hardly ever a good design pattern to handle GET and POST identically, and it's [they] responsibility not to provide tools who are more likely to result in bad code than anything else. So I think it's time to deprecate this attribute https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/18659. And remove it in 1.9.

As we used it heavily (perhaps for the convenience), I was wondering how people feel about clarifying that in 5.1.3 release. It is obvious that request.GET should be used to load data from the resources and request.POST submits data to be processed to a specified resource. There will be no mix anymore.

Does anyone has a strong feeling about that?

Please let us know asap

Kind regards
Ola