[ome-devel] CLI import, exception when trying to add annotation link

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 22:02:24 BST 2015

Hi Niko,

looking at the source code, are you linking the image to a comment annotation or a different
type of annotation?
At the moment, the `—annotation_link` option in the importer code can only handle comment
annotations (and we may have suggested the opposite during the meeting, apologies if that
was the case) - see
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/v5.1.2/components/blitz/src/ome/formats/importer/cli/CommandLineImporter.java#L843

If you want to create a link to a different type of annotation, your best current solution using the
current state might be to do the following post-import:
1- parse the output of bin/omero import to retrieve the image id - see for instance
https://github.com/sbesson/openmicroscopy/blob/v5.1.2/examples/Training/training_setup.sh#L52
2- call bin/omero obj in a separate command to link the image to the know annotation e.g.
$ bin/omero obj new ImageAnnotationLink parent=Image:iid child=FileAnnotation:fid

Best,
Sebastien