[ome-devel] Beginners help

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Wed Jul 1 19:59:54 BST 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Ashoka Bantumilli <AshokaB at optiscan.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Ashoka,

> Thank you for the information. Please let me know what are all the standard
> and useful TAGs for OME-TIFF files. For example,
>
> Height, Width, Horizontal resolution, vertical resolution, camera model, bit
> depth, compression etc.
>
> Like that for OME-TIFF what are the best/standard TAGs we need to maintain.

Just so we're on the same page: all of the OME-specific information is
stored in a single TIFF tag, namely the ImageDescription, as a single
block of XML. You can read more under
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/ome-model/ome-tiff/specification.html

Are you then asking about the relevant OME-XML elements?

Cheers,
~Josh