[ome-devel] BF exporter create big ome.tif file

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:32:01 GMT 2015

Hi Hadrien,

> Are you sure your BF version in Fiji is 5.0 and not 5.1 ? Version
> provided by BF update site is 5.0.6-DEV.

5.0.6-DEV, 2fdc56c, built 2015-Jan-22.

run("Bio-Formats Importer", "open=/Users/curtis/Desktop/test.ome.tif
autoscale color_mode=Default view=Hyperstack stack_order=XYCZT");
run("Bio-Formats Exporter", "save=/Users/curtis/Desktop/bf-exporter.ome.tif
compression=Uncompressed");

Both test and bf-exporter files are 28MB.

OS X 10.10.1, Java 1.6.0_65 [64-bit]

Maybe try dumping the output file using tiffdump (part of the libtiff CLI)
to see what's bloating the file so much?

Regards,
Curtis