[ome-devel] Omero and docker

Hadrien Mary hadrien.mary at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 23:27:19 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I agree that OME installation is complex and the hardware(s) on which
it can be installed largely depends on the needs of users. These two
things make me think that it won't be possible to provide a "generic"
Dockerfile for OME.

Saying that I am focusing, as I already said in this thread, to build
a ready to use and easy to maintain set of Dockerfile for production.
I did some progress recently and you can see the repo here :
https://github.com/hadim/docker-omero.

The wole stuff is governed by a Makefile. I have a partial Fig support
and I would like in the future to remove the Makefile to only get a
Fig file. For now it's not possible because some features are
currently missing in Fig. So I don't have the same flexibility as I
have with the Makefile which make me impossible to easly open a shell
or launch backup/restore scripts.

Fig is young and wil be soon completely merged to Docker (with a new
name). I noticed some threads on Fig github issues
(https://github.com/docker/fig/issues) which make me think that all
the features I need will be available in a near future.

Best,

--
Hadrien Mary

Ph.D student in Biology