[ome-devel] Trouble with OMERO.Dropbox

Colin Blackburn c.blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 10:08:37 GMT 2015

Hi Niko,

> Hum, I thought more of something at OS level for configuring inotify itself.

Yes, but at the present time any configuration there is, is only available to us through the Python bindings. I will, though, look into this further.

> Regarding the Python bindings, are you aware of the following?
>
> * http://www.serpentine.com/blog/2008/01/04/why-you-should-not-use-pyinotify/  (particularly interesting regarding performance is also the last comment)
> * https://bitbucket.org/bos/python-inotify (original repo)
> * https://bitbucket.org/JanKanis/python-inotify/ (more recent fork)
>
> There are a couple of additional forks of the latter, whereof the only one containing significant changes is the "poupas" one.

Yes, at the time we adopted pyinotify it was done for pragmatic reasons. We’ll certainly look at whether we can somehow allow for other bindings to the notification system to be used in the future.

More generally, I’m investigating the problem you are seeing on one of our systems here. I’ll get back to you about that as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Colin