[ome-devel] Trouble with OMERO.Dropbox

Colin Blackburn c.blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:28:22 GMT 2015

Hi Niko,

> I finally managed to do so, log files were uploaded in QA ticket 10456.

Thanks.

> The relevant part in those logs is from January 29th, copying a large Leica LIF file (~32 GB), probably containing a multi-position timelapse. I can ask for more details if this is important (or provide the file).

The same effect is occurring with the two smaller LSM files following this LIF file copy, though with a smaller impact on the logging. The underlying events are being produced by the inotify system so if this is a new effect might something have changed with your OS/filesystem? I assume from the logs that the imports are then proceeding as normal?

One thing we could certainly fix at our end is to reduce much of this logging to DEBUG level, though I don’t know how much impact that would have on cpu usage. But if you were happy to patch your code I could make this available for testing.

It is also possible, again via a change in our codebase, to not actively ask for modify events, however if a create event is missed for a file (notification systems aren’t perfect) then first modify event for a file serves in lieu of a create. This would be a more significant change that would require more extensive testing from us.

Cheers,

Colin