[ome-devel] OMERO REST HTTP API ?

Aleksandra Tarkowska (Staff) A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:08:43 GMT 2015

Dear Christian,

I have an impression that you are trying to write your own importer to put
the data into OMERO. That doesn't sound ideal.

Instead did you try Command Line Importer or DropBox? We had few questions
in the past asking about the code, allowing import, see one of them
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2014-September/00298
2.html
There are many options like target Dataset, etc.

Alternative solution is to use Dropbox. You can set up samba dir locally
to drop files and set configuration parameters like: "--transfer=cp_rm" or
"--transfer=upload_rm" to delete when they are imported.

If you prefer to use NFS you can use In-place import
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/in-place-impor
t.html. That should simplify your workflow. Soon in 5.1 also all imports
will be able to use path information for containers such
/OMERO/DropBox/user/group/project/dataset/
(http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/4032)

Did you try any of them before? Would any of these works for you?

You can license your own software as long as it's under a GPL compatible
license, which BSD or MIT are.

Kind regards
Ola