[ome-devel] OMERO REST HTTP API ?

Christian Carsten Sachs c.sachs at fz-juelich.de
Mon Feb 2 16:23:57 GMT 2015

Hello Ola,

ah, sorry, I had apparently skipped that section ...

I'm working on a combined acquisition/analysis system (controlling a
microscope with Micro Manager), which, as one storage backend, should
directly store acquired images into OMERO.
[That's why I was asking for append access to images some time ago
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2014-November/003066.html
]
Thus, a user would e.g. provide details in which Project/Dataset the
data should be deposited, and the software will then push images as they
are acquired.
I would prefer to not directly use ICE/OMERO API due to licensing
concerns … (would prefer to license my work under BSD or MIT license …)

Regards,
Christian

On 02/02/2015 05:11 PM, Aleksandra Tarkowska (Staff) wrote:
> Hi Christian
>

> On 02/02/2015 16:02, "Christian Carsten Sachs" <c.sachs at fz-juelich.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ola,
>>
>> thank you for the response.
>> I'm aware of the current Web Gateway methods.
>> I was unaware of the ?username=...&password=... scheme, and I think it
>> should be definitely added to the documentation (I didn't see it there).
>

> Sorry it is hidden in embedding section
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/Web/ViewPort.h
> tml#embedding-omero-web-viewport-to-your-website
>

>> For my use cases (allow data export to OMERO from another software), an
>> API allowing read/write access to the whole model would be necessary.
>> With the Web Gateway, e.g. I do not see any methods for creating
>> Projects, Datasets, Images anew. Furthermore, no methods for raw pixel
>> data access (writing and reading ...) seem to exist.
>>
>> Thus I'm inquiring about this direction ...
>
> Could you describe more what you are trying to do exactly? There maybe
> some work around...
>

> Kind regards
> Ola

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH