[ome-devel] Detector & DetectorSettings offset attribute

Éric Piel piel at delmic.com
Mon Dec 14 09:00:47 GMT 2015

Hello,

We are using OME-TIFF to store data acquired with a CCD. For these data,
we'd like to include the baseline value (aka blacklevel) i.e. the values
generated by the detector if no light is received.

Looking at the OME schema, it's not very clear whether there is explicit
support for such information. The most like candidate we found is the
"Offset" attribute of Detector or DetectorSettings. However, the
documentation is very thin: "Offset of the detector (without any unit)".
So we'd like to ask whether that's the correct usage, or if there is a
more recommendable way to store the baseline information.

Thank you in advance.
Éric Piel

PS: We've also found the DNG "BLACKLEVEL" tag, but we'd rather stick to
all metadata being stored in OME.