[ome-devel] TempFileManager

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Sep 30 23:09:44 BST 2014

On Sep 30, 2014, at 3:46 PM, Yanling Liu wrote:

Hi Yanling,

> Hello, when restarting ome web via bin/omero web stop and bin/omero web
> start, I can see following log messages:
>
> ERROR:omero.util.TempFileManager:rmtree error:
> rmdir('/home/omero/omero/tmp/omero_omero/3937') => [Errno 39] Directory not
> empty: '/home/omero/omero/tmp/omero_omero/3937'
>
> Is this something should be worried about? Can I simply ignore it?

the biggest issue could be that if it happens frequently or always, then the tmp directory could grow quite large. If you've safely shutdown OMERO, you should be able to delete the entire /home/omero/omero/tmp/ directory which might clear up the issue. Are the permissions or ownership on /home/omero/omero/tmp/omero_omero/3937 different from the rest?

> Thanks,
> Yanling

Cheers,
~Josh.