[ome-devel] Supported ZeroC Ice versions for 5.1 and later releases

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 1 11:22:28 BST 2014

On 15/04/14 22:49, Roger Leigh wrote:

> I'd like to review the ZeroC Ice versions which the project currently
> supports, so that we can make an informed decision about what we are
> willing to support for the upcoming 5.1 (and later) releases.

There hasn't been much in the way of feedback, but based upon the data I
presented in the previous mail, I've opened a PR to update the 5.1
documentation, removing Ice 3.3, making 3.4 the minimum supported
version and 3.5 the recommended version:

   https://github.com/openmicroscopy/ome-documentation/pull/760

Douglas, I hope this addresses your concerns about recommending
newer-if-possible.

Unless there are any objections to this, I'd like to follow this by:
- deprecating 3.3 in the 5.0 documentation and noting its removal in 5.1
- removing Ice 3.3 CI builds for 5.1
- removing Ice 3.3 support for 5.1

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,