[ome-devel] FW: Opera Flex file lattest changes

Bonamy, Ghislain ghislain.bonamy at novartis.com
Fri Mar 28 03:46:01 GMT 2014

Melissa,

Just wanted to let you know I upgraded my package to the bioformats 5 release (loci_tools.jar).

The problem persists. I therefore assume that when PE changed the file format something broke the reader function and now sizeC (and possibly other metada are broken, like sizeT, sizeZ). The new format for the Opera, PE is now splitting each well into multiple images each image corresponds to a different field which then contains all of the other dimensions (ie. C, Z, T). The field ID, is specified by the last 3 digits of the filename.

Finally, if you can tell me what is the best way to tell the reader to open the images as a well Image (ie. group images by well), that would be useful. In general I would like to get the properties for the entire well (ie. the series count should match the number of field in the well).

Best,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD