[ome-devel] Multi-spectral imaging formats

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 18:06:55 BST 2014

Hi Lee

I’ve had a similar issue with FLIM (Fluorescence Lifetime) data where up to 1024 time-points per pixel are stored contiguously in  a file.
The approach that I took was to buffer the whole file in memory  & reorder the first imd that a plane is requested.
Subsequent planes can then be returned from the memory buffer fairly quickly.

If you expect all 63 channels to be requested together more often than not then you could take the same approach.

Regards

Ian