[ome-devel] Multi-spectral imaging formats

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Tue Aug 26 17:48:18 BST 2014

Hi all,
I've been working on the .IM3 format for the Perkin-Elmer Nuance
multi-spectral microscope. It has 63 channels per pixel for the spectral
data and the data is interleaved (and I thought it would be the most
efficient to keep it that way). For the IM3 reader, my naive idea was to
package all 63 channels as one interleaved image, but I have a feeling
that's 60 more than most software expects, but it would be very sad to run
through the 200Mb file 63 times in order to get 63 planar images.

Otherwise, it looks like an awesome machine. I am guessing that LOCI has
been working with other multispectral imaging systems and might point me to
a representative reader that I might use as a guide.

--Lee