[ome-devel] C++ toolchain support

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 14:16:31 BST 2014

Dear all,

We would be very interested in feedback regarding which C++ compilers
are in use by the community, so that we can better support, test and
provide builds for those which are in wider use.  This is particuarly
important for our Windows support where there are several releases of
Visual Studio but we don't currently know which versions are most widely
used and hence should be prioritised.  Supporting builds for Visual
Studio is a significant effort, and it isn't possible to do full
continuous integration for every version.

While Linux and MacOS support is rather simpler, it would still be
useful to know which GCC and LLVM/clang versions are in use.  Knowing
the oldest versions which we need to support is useful in determining
which compiler and library features are safe to use.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,