[ome-devel] OME importer import images for another user

Yanling Liu vrnova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:45:52 BST 2014

Now I see the problem with the import tool.

If I login as root, then I can select user/group to import but by default I
have only "root root" option to select.

If I login as a regular user, although the user is owner for multiple
groups, the user can not access user list. So for import location I can
only select which group to import and of course the owner for the new data
will be the importing user.

Would it be possible to have a privileged user, not as administrators, but
able to import images to other user/group?

The scenario is to have imaging facility technicians to upload images for
their customers (users) but not necessarily to grant administrator rights
to technicians.

Thanks,
Yanling