[ome-devel] OME importer import images for another user

Yanling Liu vrnova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:19:08 BST 2014

Hi Jmarie,

I am using OMERO.clients-5.0.2-ice35-b26.linux, the ">" button is greyed
out until I select some files (not folders). Please see attached screen
shot.

As to import for other users, the group receiving images is Read-Only
(group add --perm 'rwr---'...) .

Here's some details:

Importing user account: aaa

Receiving user account: bbb
Receiving user group: ggg

both user aaa and bbb are owners of the group ggg.

user aaa is a super user, it is the owner across many different groups, not
only the group ggg.

After import, user bbb sees new data, but on the OMERO web client, the
owner of new images is listed as aaa.

Thanks,
Yanling