[ome-devel] OME master branches

Helen Flynn h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 10 15:50:28 BST 2014

Dear All,

As a follow-up to our latest 5.0.1 release, we have also updated our master branches for all core repositories (openmicroscopy, bioformats, ome-documentation, scripts) from the 4.4.x branch to the 5.0.x branch. Many thanks to Curtis for his workaround to get this done. If you use this branch, you will have to update your database as indicated in:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/server-upgrade.html

As we keep on developing multiple branches of OMERO, we are proposing to remove the current master branches across all repositories for clarity.

A final decision will be taken around the annual meeting in June. If you find these master branches useful and would like them to be kept, or have any concerns with this proposal, please do not hesitate to express your views on this list.

If we do not hear otherwise, we will assume they are just confusing and remove them over the summer. We then propose to make our current 'develop' branches into 'master' branches instead. In future, the master branches would therefore be the latest development work for all components, as opposed to the current release state as they are now.

Regards,
The OME team

Dr Helen Flynn
OME Technical Writer