[ome-devel] [ome-users] OMERO 5 public user

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 11:46:44 BST 2013

Dear Ola,

Here is my configuration for Public user, please correct me if there
is anythng wrong with it.

omero.web.public.enabled=True
omero.web.public.password=public
omero.web.public.server_id=2
omero.web.public.url_filter=^/webgateway
omero.web.public.user=publdsfa123
omero.web.server_list=[["localhost", 4064, "omero"]]
omero.web.webstart_port=4064

Many thanks for your help.

BR,

Jianguo

Just in case, I haven't done the configuration correctly
Quoting Aleksandra Tarkowska <A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk> on Fri, 25 Oct
2013 10:12:46 +0000:

> Dear Jianguo
>
> I am sorry to hear you have troubles with setting up public user. In
> order to help you with that I need to know more what you are trying
> to do.
>
> Public user is  a single user account that allows open access to all
> data under the group(s) public user is a member of.
> Specifying filter such as omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'
>  limits access to the urls starting from specific prefix
>
> http://www.test.com/omero/webgateway/ is not a valid url. Webgateway
> is not a separate application it must be associated with image ID.
> Thats why you got the following error.
>
> Caught NoReverseMatch while rendering: Reverse for
> 'webgateway_get_rois_json' with arguments '('',)' and keyword
> arguments '{}' not found.
>
> If you wish to test public user please login to the OMERO.web, find
> out ID of one of the image and then log out:
> 1. open http://your_host/omero/webgateway/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/  <-
> it should show image strait away
> 2. open http://your_host/omero/webclient/  <- it should ask you for login
>
> If you still have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us
>

> Kind regards
> Ola
>

> Aleksandra Tarkowska, M.Sc. Eng.
> OME Software Developer
>
> Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
> College of Life Sciences
> MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
> University of Dundee
> Dow Street
> Dundee  DD1 5EH
> United Kingdom
>
> On 24 Oct 2013, at 11:34, Jianguo Rao
> <JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk<mailto:JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> I have compiled the OMERO 5 from source ( dated at 2013-10-10 09:23:59,
> OMERO.web 5.0.0-beta1-DEV-ice34 ).
>
> It runs great. But I am in trouble to get the public user working.
>
> I have followed the instructions listed bellow:
>
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/install-web.html
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/developers/Web/PublicData.html
>
> After setting all the requirements listed in the above documentation, and
> bin/omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'
> to test if the automatically login public user work or not.
>
> http://www.test.com/omero/webgateway/
>
> I get the following message( feedback has been sent ):
> ..
> The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
> your request. Please give us feedback to help to improve the OMERO
> applications. Thanks for your patience.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated. I would also like to know
> if there is anyone run OMERO  5 and use public user feature
> sucessfully ( I believe some one must have used such feature for
> OMERO 5, but just want to make sure.)
>
> Many thanks for your attention.
>
> Jianguo

> [...]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.