[ome-devel] Issue after upgrading from 4.4.5 to 4.4.9 [SOLVED]

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Thu Nov 21 15:10:38 GMT 2013

On 19.11.2013 13:36, Josh Moore wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:32 PM, Niko Ehrenfeuchter wrote:
>
>> On 18.11.2013 15:28, Niko Ehrenfeuchter wrote:
>>> But of course, we can fix the image-user-assignment first, so
>>> this particular user can access his data again.
>>
>> I tried now adding this particular user to the "default" group
>> (manually, using the admin web interface). Unfortunately I didn't
>> get any feedback yet if it solved the problem for this user.
>> Additionally, this probably means that new users that might be
>> added to the user's other group (not the "default") won't be able
>> to see these images, right?
>
> A user must definitely be a member of group to see images within that
> group.

as a followup for the rest out there: Josh managed to isolate the
problem we were experiencing - turns out to be completely unrelated to
the upgrade.

It was in fact a group assignment problem that slipped through on our
side. After fixing this, everything seems to be fine.

Thanks a lot to anyone involved for the good support!
(And sorry for the false alarm.)

~Niko