[ome-devel] OME ROI ?

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 18:19:38 GMT 2013

On 14/11/2013 17:56, Hadrien Mary wrote:
> Thank you for answering.
>
> I am actually refering to both case :-) I would like to be able to open
> an OME Tiff file, then add some ROIs with ROI Manager and then save ROIs
> on the OME XML stored in the OME Tiff file (if I could avoid to rewrite
> the entire Tiff and write only the OME XML in Tiff file it would be
> awesome as well !).

I have opened ticket #11695 to track this; you should get copied on any
changes to the ticket.

Updating the metadata only in the OME TIFF is certainly possible, but
this isn't exposed through the plugin.  The OME-XML can certainly be
replaced using the standard libtiff API to update the
TIFFTAG_IMAGEDESCRIPTION tag if you wanted to do this yourself, and you
could probably also do this using the OMETiffWriter API so long as you
don't replace the image planes (but this isn't necessarily advisable!).

Regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,