[ome-devel] Recommendation to record spectrums in OME-TIFF

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 17:40:41 GMT 2013

That would be my understanding as well Curtis.

Ian

On 8 Nov 2013, at 17:33, Curtis Rueden <ctrueden at wisc.edu<mailto:ctrueden at wisc.edu>>
 wrote:

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like Éric simply has one spectra dimension (i.e., C), and thus wouldn't need to use module along C. Instead, for each of his 100 channels, he would add a Channel element with the EmissionWavelength value [1] set matching that channel's wavelength.

Or am I missing something here?

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. I notice the XML documentation for the Channel element says: "An entire spectrum in an FTIR experiment may be stored in a single Logical Channel with each discrete wavenumber of the spectrum constituting a ChannelComponent of the FTIR Logical Channel." This description is out of date and no longer valid, right? We dropped the LogicalChannel/ChannelComponent elements long ago.

[1] https://www.openmicroscopy.org/Schemas/Documentation/Generated/OME-2013-06/ome_xsd.html#Channel_EmissionWavelength