[ome-devel] Error building Bio-Formats develop

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed May 1 04:27:08 BST 2013

Hi all (mostly Roger),

I was trying to build the latest develop branch so that I could update
Fiji, but ran into the following build error:

generate-source:
     [exec] Traceback (most recent call last):
     [exec]   File
"/Users/curtis/code/ome/scifio/components/xsd-fu/xsd-fu", line 37, in
<module>
     [exec]     from genshi.template import NewTextTemplate
     [exec] ImportError: No module named genshi.template

I dug through the commit history a bit and see that the Genshi egg was
removed in favor of it being located in the lib/repository folder off the
root. But such a folder does not exist in source control. I presume it gets
generated at some point? How does that happen? Should resolution of that
dependency be part of the Ant build itself?

Also, do you think the latest build changes will still always result in
reproducible builds? While the BF Ant build system has many downsides,
reproducible builds was previously one of its strengths.

Thanks,
Curtis