[ome-devel] ome-tiff issue?

Daniel Sevilla Sanchez daniel at svi.nl
Mon Jan 21 11:30:12 GMT 2013

Dear List,

I am wondering whether ome-tiff files may have a disagreement between
the dimensions reported by the file header and the dimensions contained
in the file itself.

I got an ome-tiff file (originally a multi-series Leica .LIF) that was
opened with the latest Fiji using the BioFormats library. It is a 3
channel stack with around 300 z-slices. One of the series was selected
when opening the file, then cropped in X&Y and finally exported to a
stack as ome-tiff using BioFormats.

What strikes me is that the Y dimension reported by the ome-tiff file
header is 255 whereas the actual Y dimension is 175. Does anybody know
whether this is intended?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Daniel Sevilla