[ome-devel] cosign and kerberos

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Aug 16 09:14:20 BST 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 12:03 PM, Bill Hill wrote:

Hi Bill,

> We're looking at a "single sign on" system for web based applications
> (mainly coded using java and php) including an OMERO image submission
> server. Cosign (http://weblogin.org) seems a good choice for us (used
> by Uni of Edinburgh already).
>
> Has anyone any experience using cosign or kerberos to authenticate in
> OMERO?

Though there was some recent interest on ome-users [1], the OME team
hasn't investigated SSO integration. Could you outline how you see
this working?

> Is either already supported?  If not what sort of effort would
> be needed for us to add kerberos support?

Reading briefly through http://www.umich.edu/~umweb/software/ this
could require a KerberosPasswordProvider and/or CosignPasswordProvider
in OMERO. What if anything would be needed in the web framework itself
I don't know.

> Cheers,
> Bill

Cheers,