[ome-devel] OME-tif & original_metadata.xml Now you see it...

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Nov 13 20:19:53 GMT 2012

Hi Ian,

Just taking this discussion back to the list now that I have one of the files.

The issue is that all of the useful metadata in these files is stored as
CustomAttributes (now called StructuredAnnotations, but these files
still use the 2008-02 schema).  CustomAttributes aren't reliably parsed
out as "original metadata", which is why you don't see the
original_metadata.txt annotation.  I have filed a ticket for this here:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/9905

Once that ticket is resolved, you would be able to check for the
"ImspectorVersion" tag in original_metadata.txt, as mentioned in a
private email.

Regards,
-Melissa