[ome-devel] calling getImageCount or getPlaneCount from matlab returns wrong values

Heinrich Grabmayr heinrichep at grabmayr.net
Sat Jan 21 18:40:01 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

I just tried to get the total number of planes in an image in matlab.

So I opened the file using bfopen.m from the loci website and get the image
cell; metadata is stored in the second entry, so trying r = bfopen(..); meta
= r{2}; a = meta.getImageCount() b = meta.getPlaneCount(0)

returns a==b==0.

However, running the command line script  showinf with the same versions of
loci_tools and bio_formats (4.3.3), the correct value is given in line 475:

int imageCount = reader.getImageCount();

Also, when I query

getPixelsSizeT(0)

getPixelsSizeC(0)

in matlab, the correct values are returned, and all the rest of metadata not
concerned with planes is returned correctly.

meta.getPlaneDeltaT(0,0)

returns empy.

I cannot think of any reason for this but the initialization of metadata in
bfopen might be different than that in showinf? But then, why should
querying it work with anything but planes?

Does any of you have an idea about that?

Cheers

--Heinrich