[ome-devel] Woolz

Bill Hill Bill.Hill at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 17:27:20 GMT 2012

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and support on moving
from cvs to git.

For anyone interested in building Woolz. The software, some
documentation and a few test objects are available from the
following link:

http://testwww.emouseatlas.org/emap/analysis_tools_resources/software/woolz.html

Loads more Woolz objects are available from the EMAP and EMAGE
sites  (http://www.emouseatlas.org).

This software doesn't include the Woolz IIP server yet, which
will appear soon. It's probably our last cvs check in of the
core Woolz software before we move to git.

If anyone is interested in building Woolz, it's the standard
GNU build system with automake/autoconf, eg

aclocal; automake -a; autoconf; libtoolize

followed by something like

   ./configure --enable-optimise --enable-openmp --enable-extff \
               --with-nifti=/where/nifti/is --prefix=/where/it/goes

or at it most basic

   ./configure --enable-debug

for help

   ./configure --help

Non-Woolz file format code is in {bin|lib}WlzExtFF. Once the
software has been built it should be possible to find simple
properties of the Woolz objects using WlzFacts:

http://testwww.emouseatlas.org/emap/analysis_tools_resources/software/woolz/html_Core/group__wlzfacts.html

eg
bill at bill-lt% WlzFacts somites.wlz
   Object type: WLZ_3D_DOMAINOBJ.
     Linkcount: 0.
     Domain type: WLZ_PLANEDOMAIN_DOMAIN.
     Linkcount: 1.
     Domain plane bounds: 132 298
     Domain line bounds: 73 194
     Domain column bounds: 73 352
     VoxelSize: 4 4 7
     Values: NULL.
     Property list NULL.

For anyone interested in the Woolz data structures the place to start
is probably WlzObject:

http://testwww.emouseatlas.org/emap/analysis_tools_resources/software/woolz/html_Core/struct__WlzObject.html

I'd be glad to help if anyone has problems building, running or
understanding Woolz, just let me know.

Cheers,
Bill
--
Bill Hill                              : http://www.hgu.mrc.ac.uk
MRC Human Genetics Unit                : http://www.emouseatlas.org
MRC IGMM, University of Edinburgh      : Bill.Hill at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Western General Hospital               : +44-131-3322471x4038
Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK.     : +44-131-4678456

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.