[ome-devel] on omero, pytables and genotypes

Kristen Eisenberg kristen.eisenberg at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 21:45:02 BST 2011

Hi there!

We are currently trying to move our genotype data description from a
one-file per genotype to pytables, since it appears to be an efficient
way to handle simple by-column and by-row operations.

Now, what we are trying to understand is how this can best fit inside
Omero. Are you supporting an array omero.grid Column type in omero.grid.table? It should be
able to handle medium size (i.e., up to 8M elements float) arrays.

Attached is a python file with a somewhat more detailed discussion of
what we would like to do.

An ugly alternative, more or less what we are already doing, is to have
Omero keep track of DataObject(s) (and how they have been obtained) and
then to have another layer of software that knows how to resolve an
hdf5/pytable url to a record.

Kristen Eisenberg
Billige Flüge
Marketing GmbH