[ome-devel] time resolution

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Mon Nov 14 19:15:21 GMT 2011

Hi Rubén,

> We have been using OME.TIF and OME.XML for quite a while and now we realize that cannot read the time resolution from existing datasets (also called time between cycles, or timeloop delay).
>
> Is this piece of information included in the OME XML specification? Where exactly?

If I understand correctly, this is the "DeltaT" value on the "Plane" element.

> For the ScanrReader importer the values are not being extracted. That info is the value 'timeloop delay' into the the experiment_descriptor.xml

As of the latest trunk build, the value of "timeloop delay" will appear
in the "DeltaT" attribute of "Plane".  Note that the units are
different: "timeloop delay" is in milliseconds, whereas DeltaT is in seconds.

Regards,
-Melissa