[ome-devel] accessing ome-metadata from matlab.

Andrew Patterson ajpatterson at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 16:00:17 GMT 2011

Hi Heinrich,

I had a look at the OME XML that was stored in the OME TIFF file that you provided.

Generally if looked fine, I just spotted a few minor errors you might want to take care of. These are I think probably unrelated to the current problem you are having, and to Melissa's fix.

There are two types of error:
1. Attribute instead of element
	In the Image node you have <Image Description="Gold Beads" ID="Image:0">. In schema version 2010-06 Image does not have an attribute Description, it has an element Description instead. This change was made to allow Descriptions to contain new lines and to maintain basic layout.

2. Element content not empty
	We have some elements that only have attributes defined, not child elements. In your file some of these contain a carriage return; Detector, StageLabel, Objective, and AnnotationRef. This is really minor but does show up as an error in my XML editor. e.g.
'<StageLabel Name="Microstages" X="0.878333" Y="-5.70667" Z="3.41">[CARRIAGE RETURN]
</StageLabel>'
should be,
'<StageLabel Name="Microstages" X="0.878333" Y="-5.70667" Z="3.41"></StageLabel>'
or
'<StageLabel Name="Microstages" X="0.878333" Y="-5.70667" Z="3.41"/>'
This might be re-wrapped by the email system but the key point is there should either be nothing inside the node or it should be a single node terminated with a slash.
e.g. <NodeA Att="abcd"></NodeA> or <NodeA Att="abcd"/>

If you are using an XML library to write the file this might be a setting you set on a node, or a setting used when writing the XML tree to a file.

I will attach the corrected OME XML as a .xml file.

Hope this helps,

Andrew