[ome-devel] getting metadata

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu May 19 23:25:37 BST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2011, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > I am not sure how much Java programming I would do. If something like
> > the Blitz gateway made it easier and consistent with the Python model,
> > then I could see us developing some tools for ImageJ .
>
> Bridging the OMERO server with ImageJ is something we are very
> interested in doing. It is on the roadmap for ImageJ 2.x development,
> likely later this fall and winter. Hopefully the new Blitz gateway will
> be settled down by then. If you have features you would like to see in
> ImageJ relating to the OMERO server, please let us know. Perhaps we
> could collaborate on development.

To enhance on that: I hope to be part of the OME meeting, and actually
hope even more for a mini-hackathon with one or two OME guys (you know who
youa are) to make a kick-ass ImageJ frontend for OMERO.

IMHO such a frontend would not only give OMERO a better visibility, but
make it also much more straight-forward for common users to access the
databases (both read and write).

Which would naturally give rise to a better visibility and as a
consequence probably also popularity of OMERO.

Ciao,
Dscho