[ome-devel] Building OMERO from source

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jul 5 03:54:11 BST 2011

Hi Ankur,

> I'd like to package OMERO as an rpm and make it available to fedora
> > users as part of our fedora-medical initiative[1]. I've looked on the
> > site etc., but haven't found a lot of documentation on how to build
> > OMERO from source. Could you please point me to the correct
> > documentation?
>
> I think what you are seeking is here:
>
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/installation

The link Johannes mentioned is useful for getting OMERO.server installed,
but if you really want to build from source, check out:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/wiki/OmeroContributing

Additional details about the build system can be found at:
  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org/ome/wiki/OmeroBuild
  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/wiki/OmeroDevelopment

Regards,
Curtis