[ome-devel] Exporter issues (Was: OMERO 4.2-installation problems..... Too many images open ?!)

Chris Allan callan at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 15:59:16 BST 2010

Hello all,

We have been working hard on resolving a series of export related issues which include:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/2657
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/2749
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/2750

as well as...

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/2764 (Too many open files)

and the problems outlined by Peter Schregle in the "import into Omero server fails" thread:

http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2010-September/001684.html

These changes have been merged into the stable Beta 4.2.x branch and a new build has been created encompassing these fixes available from Hudson:

http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/view/Beta4.2/job/OMERO-Beta4.2/25/

We encourage those of you who are having particular problems with export or export related to upgrade to this version as soon as possible. Those wishing to perform this upgrade should review the upgrade procedures outlined in import thread:

"The server upgrade is slightly more tricky but the general upgrade preparations from the following apply:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/server/upgrade

Once you have prepared (done a database backup, etc.) you should be able to follow the following loose procedure:

OMERO_DIR/bin/omero admin stop
cp OMERO_DIR/etc/grid/config.xml NEW_OMERO_DIR/etc/grid/
cp var/lib/custom_settings.py NEW_OMERO_DIR/var/lib/
NEW_OMERO_DIR/bin/omero web syncmedia
NEW_OMERO_DIR/bin/omero admin start"

We thank you for your continued patience and support!

-The OMERO Team