[ome-devel] LDAP Testing for OMERO 4.2

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Mon May 10 07:37:32 BST 2010

As a part of #1382[1], we've been improving LDAP support for the
upcoming 4.2 release of OMERO, including support for creating users in
multiple groups.

Josh from the Charite in Berlin (http://bcrt.charite.de/) has been
kind enough to provide test data:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/components/server/test/ome/services/ldap/bcrt

which is now functional. The LDAP entities in the LDIF file are first
imported, and then the configuration in the XML is tested against
it. The values in the XML are the same properties which you would use
in your server install. (The documentation for the properties will be
updated on the site with the release).

Alessandro from Campus IFOM-IEO (ifom-ieo-campus.it) has also offered
a posix-based configuration. If anyone else is interested in having
their particular LDAP configuration pre-tested, especially those of
the more unique sort, we'd love to have the data.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Paris![2]
~Josh

[1] https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1382
[2] https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/events/ome-users-meeting-2010